Head of Legal U.S.
At Wirecard North America, we are currently seeking energetic, motivated, growth-oriented candidates to join our team.
Location: Conshohocken, PA
- Manage the legal and governmental affairs functions for Wirecard North America including the management of personnel in these areas
- Establish standard contract provisions, policies, and procedures
- Draft, negotiate, review, and interpret agreements covering the scope of our corporate and commercial activities
- Advise internal teams on legal issues and risks, and company policy
- Collaborate with outside counsel on matters
- Support corporate governance and administration for our company and its international subsidiaries, including preparing Board of Director materials and corporate resolutions, and administering corporate records
- Serve as primary liaison and coordinate responses for BIN sponsor banks, and to the regulatory agencies with jurisdiction over Wirecard or the business including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the U.S. Treasury (FinCEN and OFAC), the Federal Trade Commission, the FDIC, the OCC, and applicable state regulators
- Serve as primary point of contact with State and Federal legislators and regulators to influence proposed bills and regulations that may have a negative effect on the business
- Work closely with the operational business units to ensure appropriate risk analysis and transaction structuring for new products and programs
- Juris Doctor required
- Current license to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental functions
- 7–10 years of combined experience in law firms, government agencies, and/or in-house legal departments desirable
- Ideally 3+ years of experience in payments technology
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach when communicating with various business lines
- Familiarity with launching products; advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of laws and regulations in the U.S. related to: banking and financial services industry, card payments (credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, and e-wallets.), compliance under the Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau regulations (including Regulations E and Z), know-your-customer requirements, anti-money laundering compliance, escheatment rules, data security issues, and privacy issues in the financial industry
- Working knowledge of eSign, UETA, and ADA web accessibility guidelines
- Understanding the digital business by translating the law (e. g. privacy, payments, KYC, AML, TCPA, and other consumer financial laws) into workable solutions for the business by providing the appropriate legal guardrails
- Experience with U.S. regulatory system and state and federal financial regulatory agencies, with additional experience with non-U.S. jurisdictions preferred
- Significant experience in negotiating and drafting complex commercial agreements, with strong intellectual property law and technology transactions background preferred
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment where success is the ultimate result
- Challenging and diverse tasks with opportunity for introducing your own ideas and experience
- Competitive compensation package
- Long-term career growth within a successful international company – both domestically and internationally
- A modern workplace with additional company benefits such as incentives and staff events
We encourage employees to think outside the box and take chances with the challenges they face every day to grow in their careers. You know you have the unique skills, ideas, talent and personality and can achieve great things- why not join us?
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.